Quincy branch library, Cleveland,Ohio: childrens room fireplace, 1936
@ Cleveland Public Library
Whitfield and King (Firm)
DescriptionBuilt with Carnegie funds, Quincy Branch operated from 1914 to 1977. In 1973 it was renamed Langston Hughes Branch. The address was 2390 East 79th Street. A fireplace with decorative tile was a common feature in Cleveland's Carnegie libraries. The painting hanging over the mantle is Cauldron Scene: East o'the Sun, West o' the Moon, painted by Paul Riba as part of the Public Works of Art project 1933-34.