423 East Washington Street
@ Western Illinois University
DescriptionMacomb has a number of historic homes. One of the earliest is the white frame house at 423 E. Washington Street, which is now owned by Dr. and Mrs. Charles Weston. It was built in 1854-1855 by George W. Parkinson, and a wing was soon added by the second owner, Damon G. Tunnicliff, a noted lawyer and later, an Illinois Supreme Court Judge. Local legend asserts that the home was a stop on the Underground Railroad, but so far there is no evidence t...
WIU Libraries Archives & Special Collections--All Rights Reserved. For permission to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use this image, contact the WIU Archives and Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.