Allison House Underground Railroad Site Chalmers Township
@ Western Illinois University
DescriptionThis house on road 800N, one third of a mile west of 1200E in Chalmers Township, was a stop on the Underground Railroad. It was built in 1854 by William ('Uncle Billy') and Sarah Allison. For a time, their son Harmon and his wife, Beulah--who was a member of the Brown family of Underground Railroad conductors in Quincy--also lived there. This post-Civil War photograph shows Harmon Allison II, his wife, Nannie, and their children. The house h...
WIU Libraries Archives & Special Collections--All Rights Reserved. For permission to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use this image, contact the WIU Archives and Special Collections at email@example.com.