@ University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
DescriptionKellogg's Tavern was built in 1839 by Sereno Fowler for an academy and was used as such until 1847. Kellogg's Tavern was located about eight miles west of Kenosha on the Geneva Road, was on the stage line from Southport to Lake Geneva, and was a post office, hotel, public hall, hall of justice and underground railroad. It was burned in 1929; only the brick chimney remained standing.
Colored Glass Lantern Slide
Copyright Kenosha County Historical Society, Inc.